Monday, November 12, 2007

We Have a Kitty

Sometime ago we went to the coast to help Steve with their new beach house, when we returned, there was a little kitten under our house. We trapped him with a small box trap. He was very angry with us and wouldn't let us do anything with him. Grandpa put him in a big dog kennel we had for Brandy and gave him food and water, and left the door open. So he would come out and run behind the freezer and peek at us when we went in and out of the house. After a couple of days he let grandpa pick him up and he took him to the vet. He weighed 15 ozs not even a lb. The vet said he needed a name and of course all of his shots etc. We named him Trapper because we trapped him. He is very cute and is black and white with blue eyes. He goes to the litter box and so far has always managed to get there. Thank goodness. I'm not sure about him as he still bites and I don't like that. My friend says that is what kittens do they ate like babies and everything goes to his mouth. The last time he went to the vet he weighed l lb. and 13 ozs. He is older now and is growing and I think he has to get the last of his shots on Mon. I'm hoping by the time he is a few months older he will stop his biting. Our neighbor who set the trap for him, said that Brandy told Heavenly Father that grandpa needed a pet, but he couldn't have another dog so she sent this kitty to us. She is our dog and we know that she is with granny in heaven as she was always feeding her when she was here. So that is the story of how we got the kitty, and he is very cute. Grandpa really loves him and takes good care of him. Today I went to Costco and this part is for Danielle, that is where they sell the spiced cider that she wants. It is 6.59 for a box. They should have a Costco somewhere around there. I got a really beautiful decoration to put on top of my TV it is a snowman with a bunch of kids around. I'm way excited to put it up I haven't bought a new Christmas decoration for a long time. In fact I have spent the last few Christmases with Alan and family, I think that we will try to be here for the holidays and spend time with our family here. I miss not decorating the house and all the local things. I love all of the tree festivals, lights, plays , choirs and of course seeing Santa in the mall with all of the children. I love Christmas. Oh by the way Tyson was supposed to leave on the 12Th of Dec. for his mission and he has to have so surgery done on his ankle so he will be leaving as soon as he is able, probably sometime after Christmas. Also Abe got a wonderful job with a big company to sell for yellow pages. They are sending him to Philadelphia on Dec. 2nd for a training. Thats all for now folkes Love Grandma Got to go read Scriptures with granpa.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow! How fun for you guys to have a little kitten! I bet you're right, grandpa probably did need a new pet. Thanks about the spiced cider, we actually found some at winco the other day! So that's good. I'm sure it's cheaper at costco, but we don't have one...ANYWHERE! I might try sams club though. So where is Tyson going on his mission??? I haven't heard anything about that! That is awesome for Abe about his job. I'm so glad that you updated us on all of that! Your decoration sounds fun! I loooove Christmas things. It is just such a good feeling time of year. I love you!!!