Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy Busy Day

Today it rained on the I-5 in sheets, and water was standing in ruts and cars were hydroplaning and I was praying that I would get to Nicole's shop without any trouble. A big truck with 2 trailers came up beside me and almost ran me over!!! I called him something like stupid donkey and shook my fist at him. He must have seen the fist, heaven knows what he must have thought of an old lady driving a tank of a car and shouting at him. I made it to Bello and had a wonderful pedicure and now I have beautiful toenails for the Holidays. Vanity thy name is woman. It felt wonderful though. I had a cup of Herbal tea and a neck wrap plus a roller massage. I felt much better. I went to JoAnne's and took some things back that were the wrong kind. I got it for less at Wal-mart last night. Where would we go without the local WM although I have a new Bi-mart around the corner and I love it. They have no sewing notions. We will be going to Alan's on the 23rd and returning early on the 27th. Some of you have asked and that is it, we're leaving Portland late in the day on Sun. It will be a fast trip, and I think that Alan will be returning to LA to work by the first of the year. I am a little closer to getting the Christmas spirit. They are having the Nativity at the church of pres. st. I think I want to go so that I can feel the spirit there. Amy call me when you get a minute and we'll discuss Sun. I have a cold though it could be a lot better by then. I do have a digital camera, and somewhere I have the plug that goes to the computer so I can post pictures. Grandpa and I watched Hairspray tonight, and I thought it was great, I don't think grandpa thought much of it. I really think Travolta should get an award for his acting there. He was really funny. Well I need to get to bed. Love to you all God Bless Grandma PS the trucker was going over 70 miles an hour in the fog and rain. Stupid donkey

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

You are so funny Grandma! I can totally picture you shaking your fist at the truck driver. I hope the trip to Alan's isn't too exhausting for you. Sometimes short trips wear me out because of all the traveling. Is Alan going to start working in LA again regularly? It is raining like crazy here too. It's starting to flood the streets and Tanner hates it. He wants to go outside and play in the sandbox.Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK- this is wierd- so your blog says November 12th. But that is impossible! So I'm a bit confused about when you wrote this. Hmmm... Alright- well anyway- I'm so glad nothing happened to you on the road and that's awesome you got to do the pedicure and all that- I've never had one in my life. WELL- one of my sisters (don't remember who) did it to me at home- but I've never done it professionally. I bet it's expensive. That'd be fun to have Nicole do it too, she's so funny. How much would something like that cost? WELL- it looks like Sunday won't work out since this is all so last minute- will next sunday work out? I love you-

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

you're so silly!! the rain is out of control. its only going to get worse. we are supposed to have winds up to 95mph for two days!!! Scary huh? Pray for our house. I liked hairspry, steve didn't watch it. I thought it would have been better on Broadway though. it would lend itself better to the stage.