Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Decorations

I don't know why it is so important to do all of this decorating!!! I have been working at for two days, and I'm still not done. I truly wonder, as I don't have that much to do anymore, and I used to do the house at Walterville in a day. I was younger then and others always put up the tree. I decorate our tree by myself, as grandpa sets it up and then goes about his business. I want to sew and I have been doing some, but today I have been so tired I just couldn't get into it. We went to tithing settlement tonight and came home and watched the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I really think Johnny Depp is really a great actor, this was our second time to see it and I think once more and maybe I'll get it all. Dad thinks there will be another, I don't know for sure. I hope there is. I have been busy getting things done and I haven't written on the blog much. I wrote a really long one the other day and it got lost in cyberspace. I miss it when you guys don't write. It seems that my cold is better although last night I had a really stuffy nose and had to get up. I hope it isn't the cat. We have had a lot of fun watching him, he weighs about four pounds now. He is so grandpa's cat and hangs out with him a lot. He feeds him and mostly I am after him as I don't want him to scratch anything. Today he wanted to play with the Christmas tree, and the balls and other things on it. I squirted the water on a few times. You have to catch him at it though. He certainly is a busybody. I had an adventure at Jo Ann's fabrics the other day, and went head to head with their manager Louise. That woman really could use a few tools to work with people. I did get my fabric replaced, but it was against her better judgement. She said the store would just have to eat it, and not get refund from the factory, because the fabric was damaged, not my fault it had faded on itself. I figured it was better for her store to eat it than me!!! She had a lot of excuses, and things I should have done but I just stood my ground and finally she let me choose 4 and 7/8 yards of fabric, from materiel's that cost 3.98 a yard and was on sale for 1.49. I was really determined to have it replaced. I hate it when people say it is your fault and sell an inferior product. They need a sign up to tell the customers what they expect of them. It is late so I need to sign off love you all.

5 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I know what you mean about the decor, I haven't got mine up either. I have one garland, and a wreath and some poinsettias, sitting in a group together with the plastic still on! I am hoping to get it done soon, this is ridiculous!!!!

I know you already told me the fabric story, but I am so glad you got it replaced.

I need to call you sometime and fix your date on your blog!! Also there is another thing that I think we need to uncheck so everyone doesn't have to type in letters to post.
I hope you're not allergic to the cat either, that would be hard on dad. love you!!!!

Rebecca said...

Oh grandma you crack me up that you shook your fist at the truck driver. Be careful road rage can be dangerous. I understand though, now that I commute to Pocatello everyday, I get pretty mad myself at people. I am glad you stuck to your guns with the fabric. I love you.

Danielle said...

That is great that you got your fabric replaced! That woman is very stubborn. Have fun decorating! You should try to put some pictures up of your decorations and of Alan's family! I love you and miss you!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, good for you grandma. I'm kind of a wuss, and don't have the guts to stand my ground. Maybe I'll get better with age. Hmm . . . yeah, decorating can be EXHUASTING!! Just sew if you want to sew. Do what you want to do. Love you!

Lizzie said...

JoAnns workers are ALWAYS rude. I don't know if they try to hire rude people or what! Amy is the only nice person that works there! The decorating is a pain, but I think it's more of a pain to take it down. I love you and miss you.