Monday, November 12, 2007

My Life is a Work In Progress

I would like to get these letters normal, and I don't know what I am doing. We had a fun week-end, Sharon and Steve came for dinner on Friday to celebrate her B-day and then the family came and we had a fun time with everyone singing and eating for Amy's and Sharon's birthdays. I think the really best part was when Ruby gave the presents, she told what each one was. What a hoot that girl is. She is really bright, of course her parents are that way, so what do you expect? It will be interesting to find out what Miles or little buddy as Ruby calls him will be like. I love watching all of my children grow, and develope into their individual selves. When they marry they then become even more fun to watch the growth. We had conference for Sunday, and Pres. Martin talked of reading the scriptures, and some of his favorite ones. I really enjoyed the talks and the music. What a joy it is to be able to do the things you want and to have the freedoms to do as we please. I was reading in my Woman's Day magazine and they had some thoughts on JOY, " Joy is the feeling of grinning inside." "When you follow your bliss, doors will open...where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else. A thing of beauty is a JOY forever. John Keats. " For every minute that you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I really like the last one bst because it is really a waste of life and time when you get angry whether at yourself or someone else. Oh well I went to Physical Thearpy and that is about all I did besides the wash and the check book for grandpa { which I HATE} Now I need to make some dinner. Another chore that I have lost my zest for. Love to you all

3 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Grandma I'm so glad you have figured it out! I'm so glad we get to hear about your life now, we never know what's going on, and even when we do see you there's so many people around we don't really get to hear how things are going. YAY! I thought it was hilarious how Ruby would tell everyone what they were getting before they opened it. I can't believe you've lost your zest for making dinner- I thought that was one you'd never think twice about. I guess you really are human. I love you!- and by the way- around dinner time today I was thinking ..."grandma's cooking sounds so good..." I love your cooking.

Lizzie said...

Yeah!!! You have a blog now and you are posting!!! I'm so glad we can keep in contact more this way. It'll be nice to see what you and Grandpa are up to. Thanks for the quotes on joy. I needed that today. Love you!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

loved your blog!! I forgot what a great writer you are. I especially liked your thoughts about joy. Thanks for sharing them. Dinner was wonderful and the cheesecake delish!! You need to post the recipe on the blog. Love you!!!