Monday, November 12, 2007

Today Is Our 55th Anniversary

We went to church and I fixed us a steak dinner when we came home. Grandpa helped me as much as he could. Church was on families today, and all of the talks were good. We went to dinner on Friday for our anniversary at Marie Callenders. I was good and got a sugar free pie and I had a steak salad for my entree. I have had some higher blood sugars and so I am really trying to cut the carbs and sugar: ( not easy this time of year!!!! I have finally finished the decorating of the house and it looks good and I am happy now that it is finally done:) I still have sewing to catch up on and packages to wrap. I'm not going to bake as much as I have in past years. I say this every year, but this year I really mean to do it. I am the one I make some of these cookies for and I can't eat a lot of goodies this year. It's okay when I help the girls as they take it all away and it's not staring me in the face. It helps that I can't take goodies to Alan's as Brenda really can't eat any at all because of the allergies that she has. I don't think I will ever have sugar free pie again as it wasn't that good. I have made a few things with low sugar and splenda that taste really good so I know that it can be done. Tonight the silly cat climbed into the Christmas tree. We took a picture and then sprayed him with the water. I will post some pictures when Amy is well and comes to make caramels and shows me how. I hope to give a lot of things away anyway and when I do it for someone else I usually never touch that. It sounds like I am really whining and feeling sorry for myself and I want you all to know I feel so much better now that my blood sugar is in control, that I truly don't feel that I will go back there again. So I'm not really complain about it just explaining and letting each of you know that when I don't eat goodies at the gatherings I am okay just trying to stay in control. I love all of you and enjoy the blog so much. It has become the highlight of my day. Love To All And to All A Goodnight. Grandma

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, I am jealous that the girls get to make things with you! That would be so fun. I can't imagine a sugar-free pie tasting that tasty. Good try though! You keep healthy so you can feel better. I love you Grandma!

Megan and Greg said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I remembered earlier this week and forgot today. I'm glad you got to go out for dinner. Thats so sad about the pie! :-( I am really careful about ordering pie, we are very good pie makers so its hard to beat ours. Hows that for humility. That silly cat! Good for you about the treats mom. I am really happy for you! It's hard to admit to ourselves that we make certain things just for us,when we like to say it is for others. I love you and dad!!
I'm excited for Friday too!

Lizzie said...

Sugar free pie?? Yuck. That sounds really gross. I am so sorry about your blood sugar level. Why is it that the yummiest things cause so many bad things...weight gain, raised blood sugar, sick tummy. Such a bummer.

Happy Anniversary!

I'm excited for Amy to teach you how to load up the pictures. Blogging isn't too hard once you figure it out. I remember when my friend first showed me, I didn't even do it for several more months because it looks so time consuming and confusing. I'm so impressed with you. I don't know any other Grandmother that knows how to blog. You are so with it!

I wish I could make chocolates with you this year. Maybe next year.

Rebecca said...

Grandma-- you can do it! I don't blame you about the sugar free pie though-yuck. Is honey okay? I know it digests way slower than sugar and so it doesn't raise your blood sugar as much, but I am sure it does more than splenda. Lizzie and I have done a lot with honey. 55 years. Wow. Congrats. I am so happy. I love you. Hoping to post soon. Bye.