Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An Unusual Sunday

Today church was cancelled, because of the ice on the highways. We had snow Saturday evening around five and then it got really cold and froze on the roads as they were wet from the rain= ( so today the first Sunday of the year we didn't go to church. I have felt really strange all day, like I missed something. We had a great blessing on Saturday, grandpa went to the Temple as always on the first and third Saturdays. Everything went well and he was almost home at the exit off the freeway and the truck died and wouldn't start again bummer!! He said some people helped to push him on the edge, and then he got out and started to cross the street and our neighbors came as they had been eating at the Chinese restaurant, they pulled the truck to the parking lot and would've pulled it on home but grandpa wasn't going to let him risk his family on the icy road, so they left the truck there and brought him home. I think Heavenly Father really takes care of us when we are doing his work. Our neighbors had taken their four wheel drive pick up truck and planned to go to Eugene to eat and go to a movie, but they were prompted to stay in Creswell rent a movie and eat there a blessing for us= ) I am so thankful they were there to help grandpa or we would've had to pay a wrecker to tow the truck. Grandpa fixed it today, something about a hose breaking, he just cut it and repaired it. Thankfully nothing was stolen from the truck overnight, a miracle here as things sometimes disappear even in broad daylight. I suppose it was too cold for thieves and mischief makers you think? This has been a long story about a small incident, but sometimes I think Heavenly Father watches out for us a lot more than we realize even the small things. It has restored my faith, and trust I can testify to you I am truly grateful I didn't have to go out into the icy storm last night and pick up grandpa and pay a tow truck bill. Funny and typical grandpa turns on the TV and guess what the snow had frozen the dish and it didn't work. No News!!! How Sad= ) Of course he can fix that handy man that he is and he had the ice knocked off and the news on in minutes. I hadn't been informed all day, what could possibly be the matter with me? Ha! Ha! Most of you know that I would probably only watch TV when conference or something important was on, some people think I am clueless but that is the way some of us are. I do read and listen to the news on the radio in the car and contrary to what some people think I do know what is going on in the world. Danielle asked what TOPS is and it is a club for people to lose weight. It stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It is very inexpensive and quite fun. They use the members to talk and motivate us and usually the assignment is for a month. So I took January to speak so mine would be done for the year. We have all kinds of different contests and things so it is a really good thing if the club is good and made up of women that really want to lose weight. This club has about 45 members and we have a pres. Sec. Tres. and other leaders and meet every Wed. morning. Out in Thurston my old stomping grounds. I think it is raining again out there and it is only about 34 degrees, so you know what that means tonight it will snow again, I wonder if all of the school kids are praying for it so they will have another day off? Catch all of you later keep on blogging. Love Grandma

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! What a story! I'm so glad those people were there to help Grandpa. Grandpa is so handy. Thanks for telling us what TOPS is about. That is really neat that everyone is involved like that. I wish school was canceled here when there was ice or snow on the ground. If that were the case there wouldn't be fall or winter semester! ha! Anyway, I love you and miss you! Take care:)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that is too bad about church. It is always weird when we miss it. that is a sad but great story about dad! I'm glad it was such an easy fix. that is funny about the dish. I love you!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Great story. It is amazing that Heavenly Father cares about all of us all of the time. There is a war going on in Iraq, but Heavenly Father still cares about us and our normal lives with car problems. Like you said, Grandpa was doing the Lord's work. I love you.

Lizzie said...

That's like one of those trials that you're actually grateful for because it strengthens your testimony all over again (not that you need it). I'm glad everyone is okay.

Grandpa can fix ANYTHING!!!! You're so lucky.

TOPS sounds neat. I hope your lessons are going well. I love you!!

Rebecca said...

Grandma, Yes I got your package. Thank you so much. The soap is wonderful, love B&BW, and the napkins are beautiful. Gracie opened it up early for me, about a week before Christmas. Naughty, naughty, amazing that Santa came. THat same CD we gave you, we have. We love it so much, we were actually there at that concert. Darin continued listening to the CD after Christmas as well! I love you. You need to post again!