Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 I Can't Believe It Is Really Here

So it is really getting to be almost a couple of weeks into the new year and I still haven't settled completely into a committment for my resolutions. I will be trying to get some of this weight off, How is the big QUESTION, Thinking about joining WW, but still thinking... I have been doing my exercises more or at least walking in the water more often. The pool was closed because the pump was broken and had to be replaced this week so I got a little behind this week. But onward and upward, so I will be going tomorrow. Usually don't go on a Saturday, but we will go this week. We had a really quiet but nice Christmas, we went to Judy's and Fairy's for Sunday and spent Christmas with them then. Drove up to Vancouver on Sat. and spent the night with Debbie and then on Monday Am went to the coast to spend Christmas with Sharon and Steve. I missed seeing all of you kids but that is to be expected of course and I know that your parents really missed you. We had quite an exciting time the week before as I was baking and making my usual candy etc and the first thing was the light over the marble slab started to POP really loud, and then I realized it was falling down and getting ready to go onto the slab. Got it before it happened but it needed to be replaced, which grandpa did, no sweat then.... Shooting the cookies out of the cookie gun and it died.... so all of the cookies had to be done by hand. Everything goes well for awhile and then.... the microwave quits I look it up and it is 11 years old, so we run down to Bi-mart and replace it. Only a hundred dollars soooooo we are doing well and the next things that blow are a breaker that has two plugs in the kitchen on it. Well we get all of this fixed and go off for Christmas and when we return it is great to get home and grandpa decides to have his usual ice cream, but the carton is really soft, and guess what the freezer is not working properly, in fact the fridge is only working on the bottom half and that isn't really cold enough. Now to tell the truth Ed has hated this fridge every since we bought it at Sears years ago. It isn't 2o years old yet it is 12, but the icemaker hasn't worked well since we got it and no one could ever repair it and no matter what Ed did it never worked well, so as far as he is concerned we can just get a new one, as it is a pile of you know what. So Ed looks it over and says it is the compressor and then he calls a repair man and it is going to cost at least 600.00 to repair it and that doesn't include the ice maker so you guessed it...... we go looking around for a new one. Long story short, we bought one from Fergussons the supply house grandpa works with for all of his plumbing materiels. They have a floor model there that is a Kitchen Aid an energy star and a really nice stainless steel one to match my other kitchen appliances. We got a really great deal on it we paid about a third of what the thing retails for. Plus we get a rebate for the energy star and 40.00 for our old fridge, which the company hauled away. A great deal, but I wasn't planning on getting a new fridge for Christmas sigh.... I do have a new Iphone because Sharon gave me money for Christmas, B-day and Mom's day so I paid the rest, However I am still learning how to use it and I am slow.... it is a learning curve. I will get it I am sure, but all of you guys can text me and send me videos pictures and etc. I do know how to do that and you all know my number so I will look forward to hearing from you. I am planning on taking a quilting class at the end of the month. I love you all and wish you a happy and great new year.

5 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Send me your number! I don't have a smart phone yet- just a really old plain one. But I can still send you pics sometimes. I can't BELIEVE all that happened in the kitchen! Did the light, cookie gun and microwave happen all in one day? THat is insane! It's like a movie so many things going wrong! I'm glad it's all fixed and I bet it's nice to have ice again! I love you! Thanks for always commenting on my blog. It makes me feel really good. I love you and Grandpa.

Danielle said...

I can't believe all that craziness! Oh my goodness! How stressful! Sounds like you handled it well. It's impressive you were able to still get so much done! I love you!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh grandma, that would have brought out the swear words for me- so many things breaking all at once- and all during christmas, talk about bad timing. I'm so sorry. That's exciting you got a new fridge. Someone needs to teach you how to load instagram on your iphone, it's really cool. It's sort of like the blog, you post pictures. I will send you pics and videos on my phone BUT- I don't have a smart phone yet, so my pics aren't high quality. But I'll send them to you anyway. Just know that they won't be great quality, and it's not because of your phone- but mine. When my contract is up (oct) I'll get an iphone. but def have my mom set up instagram for you. Mike has an iphone from work, so we can do face time and pics through that in the evenings. love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

The comment from Michael- is from me- Amy! I must have been signed in with his name- ha. Anyway- I also have been meaning to tell you thankyou for your christmas card! And you don't need to worry about sending us a gift or anything, a card is just fine! I was happy to recieve it in the mail! And also- the only christmas card I sent out this year was that silly one I made of Mike's face really big with us looking all silly in it, and my parents thought it was wierd, so I didn't think you'd like it, so i didnt' send you one. I think next year if we send a silly card again, we'll just do nice ones for you and my parents. Everyone else thought it was funny but my parents thought it was wierd. haha. So I figured you might too. So next year I'll send you and my parents a pretty picture that's real. :) I love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Wow mom! You didn't tell me about all of that!! That is crazy!! It's always fun to get new things, but not all at once! love you, can't wait to see you!