Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conference, and all of the things that have been going on the last couple of month.

Well it has been awhile since I posted, and will try to catch up with this post. I loved all of the conference talks this time. I felt like a lot of the talks were for me. I have been struggling with a few things and I got a lot of answers from the talks. I will need to study them in more depth so I really understand them. I already made one decision and that is to quit my FaceBook game of FrontierVille. I have gotten caught up in it and it has just gotten a lot more time consuming than I want to take out to play it. I just don't need to waste time doing it anymore, I have a lot more things to do with my time. I need to block it from my FB page but I don't know how, but I have a friend that I am sure will tell me as she did the same thing. I have had a lot of trials this past few months, first I got the colon problem, then I got vertigo, and on top of that my back really got into a kink. I think I pulled a muscle really, at least that is what we decided went wrong as it comes and goes a lot, it gets better and then I move a certain way or turn over in the bed and it starts over:-( it is getting better now, but still is annoying sometimes and hurts. I have been on a colon cleanse and yeast killing diet for the past two months. I haven't had any sugar or gluten or white potatoes, rice, or pasta. She added legumes and brown rice a couple of weeks ago. I have lost about 15 pounds and my joints feel better. I went to a Naturopathic doctor as I didn't want to have surgery on my colon. She is working with me to get my colon healthy again. It has been a challenge sometimes, but my colon feels better and I haven't gotten anymore bacterial infections in it. I talked to a lot of people that have had the surgery, and then they either have to do it again or they have to take antibiotics a lot. That is what I want to avoid, so that is why I have been so faithful on this diet. It has been hard at times, but I don't miss the sugar as much as I do the nice white loaves of french bread and pizza. I do miss chocolate and sometimes I think about it and then I remember what surgery entails and it is easy to let it go. Ed aka, grandpa and dad has been doing a little struggling or his own, too he has had a lot of depression and went to the doctor and is on a new medicine that seem to be helping him a lot. He is working too hard as usual. He will be 80 at the end of May on the 29th, so I think he is entitled to be tired. I am working with a physical therapist for the vertigo, learning how to have better balance, and to use my eyes to balance with not my ears. I didn't realize that our ears, are such a large part of the balance we have. I tell all of you stay young, and don't grow mature (I refuse to say older) cause it isn't easy sometimes. I want all of you to know that I am so proud and happy to have all of you for my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. You are such a wonderful part of my life and I love you all so much.

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Grandma, that all sounds so rough! I'm sorry. I'm glad your diet is helping. That is DISCIPLINE. Good job. I'm sorry Grandpa's been depressed, that is really hard. Hopefully it fades with the medication. I will be praying for both of you. Good job on quitting the farming game. Things like that can be so addictive! I'm like that with my tv shows. I go in and out and back in again. Same with the chocolate. I love you. Thanks for posting.

Danielle said...

:( I'm so sorry about the hard times you two are going through. I understand about the diet! I thought it would be hardest to stay away from the sweets, but I too have found that it's the bread I miss most! You are so strong for keeping with it. I loved conference too! It was so good. I love you!!!!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Great blog mom! I am so glad you are not discouraged about the way you have to eat. I am so proud of you and how diligent you have been. I am so glad dad is on some new meds. It was great to go to the temple with you. I love you!!!!

Carin said...

Nellie,
So glad to hear you are doing well!!! I am sooo proud of you for sticking to it. That is so hard for me. I agree with Meagan! Yea for quitting you facebook game. I hope Uncle Ed does better on his new meds. We love you and we are doing well. Conference WAS amazing. Hopefully I'll get my post up about it soon. Love you tons!!

Aliese the Writer said...

I'm so sorry about all that. That sounds so rough. That would be so hard to go through all of that and stay on a diet at the same time. But you are being amazing by letting go of facebook games and making yourself follow the diet. I love you so much. Thanks for posting! :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I read this a few days ago and never got the chance to comment. I'm so sorry about your vertigo and all your health problems. That is so awful grandma. You are a real trooper. Strong lady. I'm also sorry to hear grandpa is having a hard time with his depression. I'm glad he found some good meds. I love you so much and miss you. We put Maddie on your blanket every day on the floor. We love that it's from you. Good for you for givign up the facebook game. It's hard to give up habits. Love you.