Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day and Texas

My daughter Sharon said I didn't blog anymore, and so I wrote a short one after I had visited with them and guess what? The blasted thing just disappeared on me, after I had saved it. I don't know what happened, it just left.... Oh well I will attempt to do another and hope I don't lose this one. We went to Texas to visit with my folks down there, and we had a great time. It was relaxing, but tiring also. I saw my sisters, Sherry the one recovering from the cancer trauma. She is doing well and is still on chemo, which means that every other week she is sick and miserable. It effects her stomach for about 5 to 7 days. She is amazing actually, never complains about it and says it is what it is. We got to see all of Sherry's sons and Jon's new woman, he is marrying on the 7th of June. They are being sealed, I don't know if they applied before the new rule, but they must have, as they don't have to wait for a year. We were able to visit with Marie and Gene and all of their children that live there in Austin. There is a lot of them, all are married and have children, except Becky and her husband. So there were lots of small ones and fun, fun,fun. They were so very cute. Steven her youngest son has a small daughter about 4 and she is so precious. Pressley is her name, and she is the quietest of the bunch. Dimples on both cheeks, and naturally curly hair. We didn't get to see Chris and his family, as they live in UT, and Cary and his family are in Dallas. We spent Easter with Marie's family and they are the same as the rest of us lots of food, glorious food. We had lots of Texas Bar-B-Que, and it was the same as ever, yummy! We had a couple of Tex-mex meals and they were still great. I just had a heart attack, I did something and thought I had lost this post. I found it thank you Lord. We got home and it was such a blessing to come home and it wasn't raining, yay I wanted to dance to see the sun up there in the sky. Stayed home and went to sewing and had lots of fun there, I am working on another project, as I finished the quilt that I made for Sharon, it turned out really well, hopefully she will take a picture of it with her new camera. I forgot to get a picture of it, so she can take one and post it on the blog so you can all see it. I started a new quilt that I am going to use for a bed cover for my bed, it is king size and so it is huge. I am using some blocks that I got from granny Grace that she had to make pillows with. There are about 30 printed blocks, so I have enough to do it, just a lot of work to do to finish it. It looks beautiful so far. We went to the coast to spend Mother's day with Sharon and Steve, we had a wonderful time, just hanging out. So relaxing and restful. We had a wonderful dinner at a place called April's, and the food was wonderful, a treat from Steve for moms day for Sharon, as it is her favorite. Sharon and I made our Mothers day dinner, and it was really great, loved it and of course ate too much. At least we didn't have any candy or stuff like that. We had a wonderful homemade angel food cake with berries, it was all yummy. Grandpa and I decided to come home the long way, up the coast. Stopped at the place with the lighthouse that we always used to go to before the beach houses, and walked on the beach there and did a lot of thinking of the memories we both have of being there and the good times we have had. On towards Florence and stopped at Mo's and had lunch, bought some salt water taffy, another old favorite for both of us. Browsed the shops around, had some ice cream and headed on toward our house. It was a wonderful trip. I loved every minute of it. Now I am thinking of what I want to plant in my boxes outside my door for this year. I bought some tomato plants, peppers, squash, and cukes. I also have seeds for lettuce and french green beans so if the rain holds off tomorrow I will be out there getting them in the ground. I love having those boxes to plant and the fresh veggies to eat all summer. I will try to post more often. I love all of you and may you all have the greatest blessings from our Heavenly Father.

6 comments:

Carin said...

Thanks for your post Nellie!! I love reading all of the things you and Uncle Ed did! I wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase and visited all of our relatives in Texas and reading about the beach and Florence brought back plenty of memories for me. Enjoy planting in your vegetable boxes!! Maybe the rain will hold off here and we can do some planting too! Love you! Carin

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

great blog mom! Sorry you lost your first one! I don't know why that happens. I'm glad you got to be with Sherry and your sisters and their family. I think that's neat that you and dad strolled home and stopped at devils elbow and Old Town in Florence. We had a great time to. Good luck with your planting. I planted a bunch last week also. Love you bunches!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Great to hear from you! It is funny you posted because I was thinking last night how I needed to write you an email or something, because I can't write any comments to you since you don't blog anymore! I have missed you and have wondered what you are up to. I'm so glad you were able to take all these fun trips. Mom said you guys all had a good time when you visited the beachouse. You and Grandpa sound really sweet, walking on the beach and reflecting on memories. That is cool you'll get to start on your garden, I LOVE FRESH VEGGIES!!!! Night day from the grocery store. Food sounds yummy in Texas, MIke loves BQ. I love you- keep blogging, and i love your comments-

Danielle said...

Sounds like you are doing great! That time on the beach sounds wonderful. I miss it. Those texas bbq's sound delicious! Yummmmm. That's so nice you were able to visit your sister. Miss you and love you!!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I loved hearing about your drive on the coast with Grandpa! I could just envision it and it sounds like a good time. I bet you have a lot of memories on the coast. Love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Sorry you lost your post. That stinks. I think it's happened to all of us.